Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Eurotrip: 1st stop: Ireland (Dublin)

Poser in front of Trinity College Dublin

Keats & I standing at xxxxxx river??

Kevin & I Acting Cute in Christchurch


Destination Europe here I come!!!

Honestly, I got bored with London after a while...things r quite repetitive and routined and I've pretty much been to most of the "touristy" attractions in good old London so even it's only been a month since I got here, I think it's not really too early to start travelling.

I was really looking forward to this trip bcos I'll be meeting 2 of my high school frens from Penang whom I havent seen them for at least 2 yers! My fren Kevin from Edinburgh flew to meet me and Keats (the guy who stays in Dublin)....by the time we met each other in the airport its already 12am midnite.....phew thats wat u get for taking cheap airlines!

Well Ireland is juzzz alrite really...the most distinctive landmark they have there is smth called Spire...juz like bar/tiang(malay) in the middle of the city ....its really nothin great...n wat else...hmm they hav smth called "Luas" which is like trams in Melb...n the word is pronounced as "Loo Wee" ok? Dun pronounce in malay n no it doesn't mean "surface area"!!!!

Of course the most important and distinctive thing in Ireland is ALCOHOL...if u r in Melb n u havent heard of St Patrick's day then mayb u should ....hmmm...get out of ur room n go out more ofen?? Anyway, Ireland is juz famous for its alcohol/pub culture...its really crazy..the nly thing that they do is Drink Drink n more Drink....the hang out places r all pubs clubs etc etc....u can even order Irish coffee(which contains alcohol duh!) in the bars but NOT the cafes! Of course, Guinness is an Irish company.We visited the storehouse n its really awesome....we even got a pint of Guinness Draught each...ermmm but we had to pay for the entrance fee eheheh.

Well Irelands like that...nothing spectacular really though there were some festivals goin on but they aint that great.

But the best par of the trip is definitely being able to spend time with frens whom I haven't seen for ages n its really nice to b able to chat with them n also realise how time realy flies n how each of us hav changed in our respective ways....there's 1 thing in common....we all hav pretty good/nice/decent sense of fashion....well juz in case u disagree with wat I said....

Well, this is the 1st but defnitely not the last stop! Whats the next stop?Hmmm back to work tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Keep on travelling. You're most definitely enjoying yourself. It's good to know that it's true that they all "drink drink drink". Hahaha.

Nice Post

MK said...

haha, looks like you're enjoying yourself. make sure u bring back tonnes of pictures and memories for us to see. and also some souvenirs.. hehe