Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Welcome to the Real World-Part 2: Unhealthy diets....an epidimic

Decided to change the title after posting it,adding it to one of my serieses.

It's really hard to find the right time to write post these days since I joined the basketball club...apart from my twice weekly trainings, I do my own practice,long or short,but almost every single day...plus my internet has been freakin slow lately....

Today I was just too lazy to cook so i decided to goto the kebab shop juz to get more high protein meal as usual to build up muscles after hours long of practice.But havin said that,there's only one thing I don't like about the kebab shop, which is the oiliness of the food....so much oil that i hav to throw my pita bread away cos its all soaked with oil but there's juz so much meat that my mouth got too tired from just munching meat.

Ppl who know me well would realised that I'm a diet freak...one day I'll hav this no food after 9pm rule..no drinks/fluids after 10pm rule and many more crazy stuff that ppl juz cant comprehend.And lately, my high protein diet and low fat diet to help my muscle developments and grow taller if possible?Sounds impossible but I think I just grew 2mm in the last few weeks....sound pathetic heh!

Anyways, to cope with my diet I started cooking proper food again just to live a healthy lifestyle eating yoghurts etc....n I've been spening like 5 pounds per meal on average...which is ridiculous cos its more expensive than eating out.A McD set meal would cost 3 pound 20p.....a KFC fully loaded meal is 4 pounds....doner kebab...2.80...quite cheap n lotsa meat...n many more....the reason why I spent so much cos my fridge is always loaded with organic food...healthy lifestyle I suppose..or at least hope.

But what i wana say here is that there are so many choices of food outlet chains and stores which sell reasonaly cheap food(by Uk standard)but they r mostly unhealthy.Food these days emphasise on high carbo, high fat,high salt....ppl know its not good but ppl buy it cos its convenient...or rather its cheap,its tasty(salty)....n ppl wana save trouble from washin dishes,cleaning up or they r simply too busy etc etc....thats just how much our society has changed.

Where were the days when mummy cooks porridge?(btw thats hig carbo,thats why asians r shorter)...the days where ppl dine properly with family....where were the days when ppl walk from town to town(abut unrealistic these days)...do u actually c ppl goin to the gym?is there even a need to even go jogging?NO...ppl simply hav moved around enough...done enuf hard labour ....they dun need to pay 60 pounds a month to go to the gym.Our society has changed.

If there's a day when I getrich enough to start a business,I'd probably start a food chain store...similar to Mc'D...but actually more like Subway...but with different emphasis...better if possbile....and to educate the ppl about the health and the kind of food they should eat....a place that not only caters for ppl's convenience but also their health....and hopefully with mass production....ppl dun hav to pay 5 pounds like I used to(but living standard might go up anyways say 20 yers later,lolz)....a place where teenagers can find the diet to aid their growth and mayb to reduce acne prob, a place where the middle age can b rest assured to eat without fearing hypertension,heart disease or high choesterol....a place where the ppl can still lose weight but still get to eat decent fulfilling meals....a place that promotes a healthy atmosphere
at an affordable price...this is what I wish for if i ever have the ability and money to do it in the future!

It's really sad to see ppl taking pills just to lower their colesterol level(e.g. statins,fibrates) or blood pressure(B-blockers,ACE inhibitors etc)....or ppl with diabetes....still drinking litres of juice every day(wtf??) but thats just how the world is...ppl r ignorant unless u tell them that they need to do the right thing...n even having said that...its not easy to change ones habit so easily....the population is getting bigger....with more food shortage worldwide....more obesity epidemic in the developed countries,more starvation in the 3rd world...more sick ppl....more deaths but even more being born at the same time.

The world is changing...more than ever...for better or for worse...u know it urself...only time can tell and PROVE!

2 comments:

Cleverkiwibird said...

hehe rabbit food store

Kee Hong said...

haha.. ambitious man.. i think for the society nowadays.. making money is the most important matter.. without money.. you won't get to do anything.. the society is materialistic.. everyone's materialistic.. the rich wanna get richer.. the poor wanna become rich.. it's just a nature of life.. regardless u like it or not..