Sunday, April 15, 2007

The city that loves the Queue

If you can only go to one place in Europe, make it Paris!
The city that is lively and beautiful offers world class museums,shopping and cuisine.It is undeniably one of the best cities in Europe that I've been to.

I call it the city that loves the queue,simply bcos tourism is such a popular thing here and practically everywhere u go,u hav to queue up.U probably end up spending more time queuing than visiting inside the attraction itself,how troublesome!Just the wait to get up to Eifel tower takes 1.5-2 hours.And once u get up there, u c more queues....its insanity!!!!

The big pyramid and main entrance into the Louve, home to the Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa
Notre Dame Cathedral in the centre of Paris,really huge and really crowded,but it's free!
Eifel tower sparkles with beauty every hour sharp, pretty much like in Crown where u get the fire show every hour....btw it's already 12 when I got down from the tower.
Arc de Triomphe: The biggest roundabout in the world.Also the monument used in the world cup 98 promotion if I remembered correctly.
Deliciously cooked French cuisine in a small lovely restaurant, the nearer one is lamb while the further one is caramel pork

Well,I can only upload limited number of pictures as my internet is really sluggish here.Though in addition to Paris, we also took metro and train outside.Visited the World cup stadium and the Stadium for th Paris Saint Germain (PSG) and I bought one of their T-shirts.Also paid a visit to Versailles, which is the most awesome chateau in France resided by the kings and also the place where the French revolution took place, if u still remember ur Sejarah lessons!

All in all, it's a nice place to visit...and I've actually started finalising plans my next trip, which is a 10 day trip to Spain-Portugal after I finish my AMS research year.I'm really looking forward to it especially Spain as I've heard so much about it, though it'll also be the 1st time for me to travel alone in a country where I don't speak the native language at all,gonna be tough.

Well, guess I should really get my mood back to continue and finish my research report!I'm so slack now!

1 comment:

pat said...

I want to go too, gor!