Sunday, September 23, 2007

REAL

This is the tile of the manga/comic that I've been reading.It's a basketball manga by the same author who did SLAM DUNK, Inoue Takehiko.Unlike SLAM DUNK, this one has a more serious atmosphere, in that it focuses more on the character's emotional development and the realities of life, the hardships that people have to struggle through and persevere or give up.Afterall this is a wheelchair basketball manga, people with disability,pretty much like paralympics.




Here's one parts of the manga which I read and found inspiring:

"Have you ever been on a roller coaster, Togawa-kun?You're only riding on it a few minutes right? If you spent the entire ride thinking: Only a few minutes, a few seconds left, until this ride is over. The what was the point of riding it in the first place? Nobody knows why we are alive. We don't have the time to bother. Life is short, so make the most of it."

"The next dream...nothing goes perfectly for us. But being incomplete is what pushes us onward, to the next something. If we were ever perfectly satisfied, what meaning would the rest of our lives hold, right?"

"I guess having a goal makes you special. I haven't even found out what I want to do yet. But that's exactly why I've decided to live in the moment, this moment which you are ruining right now. Whether this job sucks for you or not, it doesn't change the fact that it's part of my path. I don't know how it's going to connect to my goal, but i know that it will, at some point."



No comments: