Wednesday, September 06, 2006

10 things to do before AMS ends

Recently I've really been bothered and overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things that I have to do and accomplish. Well to be precise, it's doing things that I "force" myself to achieve at least by the end of AMS in May next year...seriously I'm lookin for trouble, ain't I?

1)RESEARCH-well, that's why I'm here in the 1st place n it'd b foolish if I dun concentrate on it.But there's so little that u can do in the initial stage and ppl often hav to rush to meet deadlines at the end...sadly thats juz how things work...wondering how things would b if i plan to end it early...n shit, i havent even had proper research methods training on statistics yet....dang!Hav to read up those biostats book by myself...this is bad...if i dun fix this soon...its really meaningless to read journals and do lit reviews cos i dunno wat the articles r talkin abt...oh man.....

2)PART TIME JOB-I'm really pissed off lately with this issue...although i hav a casual job as an interpreter,its too tiring since i spent half the time travellin to the hospital n in the end i get paid for only 1.5 hour...n sometimes i dun even get any shifts at all for the whole week...wat i earn in a month is probably wat other ppl earn in a wk plus it takes up my research time randomly,how inconvenient...wanted to look for smth in the weekend...stupid sushi shop accepted me n suddenly "release aeroplane"....stupid office work for not callin me up for interview yet...n starbucks, I'm still waitin for ur call n givin me the right shift!!!...n stupid Bar,for not acceptin honest ppl like me who doesn't hav much experience in operating cash machine...but at least I'm tellin u the truth ok?

3)MEDICINE-Well I had this plan of revising wat I hav learnt in the past 2.5 years in med school(stuff that i hav 4goten)but I only had the patience to read half a book on respiratory medicine...if i go with my initial plannin i should hav finish 3 modules by now...well some might say why bother study med again since u'll 4get it n u know it takes up alot of time...but honestly i dun wana feel stupid for not understanding n remembering the basics...i'll juz embarass myself in clinical school n in the clinics that i'm attending now every wk(when i can't answer wat the professor asks me abt)

4)TRAVEL-That's supposedly the main reason I came to UK, for FUN!!!But travellin is always tiring...but i've finishd 3 countries so there's at least 7-9 more to go...muz really arrange my time wisely...it's juz not nice to ask my prof for leave so often,geez....plus the seasons gettin cold now...not the best time to go travellin!Make it worse if i hav other commitment like part time job!

5)SPORTS-Well been trying reall hard to go play basketball everywk,but unlike u Kee Hong, I dun hav access to b'ball court right in front of me like in IH,its 5-10 min away, a childrens outdoor playgorund n its on tars....n its only open on wkdays n available to the public after 5.30pm plus they hav to lock it...the guy said i can climb in n play in wkends since its not open but apparently there was an arson on one of the sundays which they burn down the building...hmmm guess i dun really wana climb the wall n get caught...also its really hard to keep up with the 3 pool games/per day...when I get busy i juz get lazyyyyy

6)LANGUAGE-Well, been tryin desperately to learn jap in the last 2 yers for no reason...for the sake of watchin anime n readin manga understanding jap songs etc. also in preparaion for my jap visit,hopefully sometime b4 i graduate,r those reasons good enuf?i duno cos u know u need lotsa effort to properly learn a language n maintain it,if not it'd go to waste....also it would not only compromise my travel timing since there's class every wk but also there r final exam etc...geez...should I?n for wat?

7)FOCUS-Hmm this should really b at the top of the list...anyways realise the reason i've been performin poorly these yers due to my lack of concentration...i get easily distracted ....day dream in class....sleep in the clinics n lectures....take 3 hours to read a freakin article....man i should really find a way to regain my concentratio but how?

8)RELIGION-well thats sorta answers part of the question above...was considering if meditation would help me do better,like calmin my mind etc. i'm lazy bum who claims to b a half buddhist n half free thinker so i find it so difficult to convince myself to goto temple here...well even when i get there i din really do much...there wasnt much to do anyway, i think

9)ENTERTAINMENT-well wanted to watch musicals/theatres but trying to look for ppl who wana watch n plannin on wat to watch...cos it aint cheap...also...wana finish heaps to tv series...there's juz too many in the list...HOUSE,Gray's anatomy,prison break,OC,one tree hill etc...n of course my wkly dying crave for BLEACH n NARUTO manga....

10)SOCIAL-well this has been quite a prob really considering that in the last 2 months it was summer hols n the residence halls is practically empty apart from a few "old" research students(except me)...well hope things get better since more n more ppl r comin back but really the UK halls hav less frenlu environment compared to Aus...i mean everythin is so segragated unless u really put in lotsa effort,no guarantee that it would help but yea at least u try...geez...been tryin to extend social network n try to find ppl who wana play basketball together etc etc. guess it's not so easy huh since most ppl here r in their 4th of 5th yer at least...its juz like the situation in IH where the seniors dun exactly need to know freshers since they already hav their own click anyway...


Hmmmm seeem like there r juz too many agendas ahead....man i sure hope things settle down real soon...sun wana walk around for 3 hours lookin for job again or wait for 2 wks for ppl to caall u up for interview...its so hard to focus n do things cos everythin is so uncertain...its even harder when i'm not exactly in the best mental state to fully focus on wat i need to do...everythin is too scattered...plus i'm the kinda person who gives up easily...well at least in my current state...sighz ...wat to do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm fresh to this. I came upon this forum I find It amply accommodating & it's helped me out alot. I hope to contribute and assist other users like it has helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up i am new here. I stumbled upon this board I have found It amply helpful and it has helped me so much. I hope to contribute and support others like its helped me.

Thanks a load, See You Later.